Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Fine. I’ll admit it.

I might possibly be a bit of a makeup snob. There, I said it.

For years, I have turned my nose up at all drugstore makeup brands. Since my early college years, I have been a devoted MAC fan. Have you ever used their eye shadow before? Oh, it’s heaven. I probably have every.single.color ever made by MAC. And my addiction doesn’t end there. MAC foundation…specifically their Studio Fix Powder line has been a staple in my cosmetic bag for years and years.

Well…apparently pigs are now flying because the days of snubbing are a thing of the past. I recently ran out of my infamous Studio Fix powder foundation and was in desperate need. But having a lil one in the house, makes running over to the mall to visit the MAC counter a little more difficult these days. So…I headed to Target.

And I found this:

It’s CoverGirl’s Simply Ageless Foundation.

I haven’t bought CoverGirl since I was 14 and my mom let me wear clear mascara for the first time. Yes, it’s been that long. So I was a little skeptical but for $10.99 {on sale + coupon}, I thought I didn’t have much to lose.

***Insert angels singing here***

This foundation is awesome! It’s a cream-to-liquid formula with swirls of Olay collagen-boosting serum that is supposed to lessen the appearance of fine lines. It's also SPF 22. Let me just say…MAC has been given a run for their money.

I love this stuff. It stays on and in place for hours and doesn’t seem to rub off {or melt off} as easily as the Stuido Fix would. It doesn’t feel cakey or muddy but it also isn’t as light as a powder foundation. If you’ve used Studio Fix powder foundation before you know that it doesn’t have a wet/liquid texture. This change took some getting used to for me, but the CoverGirl texture doesn’t bother me one bit now.

I did not use the sponge applicator that came with the product. I personally am a fan of the traditional triangle makeup sponge, so that is what I use. In my opinion, you get the best application with one of those. After applying, I let it “set” for a few minutes before adding any other makeup on top of it. And wah-lah!! Perfect looking makeup for just over ten bucks!

Simply Ageless is supposed to retail for about $14.00. I found it at Target for $12.59 and I also had a manufacturer coupon that I clipped from the Sunday paper. This beats the $26.00 I was paying for MAC.

Turns out my mom is using CoverGirl Simply Ageless too and LOVES it. Two fans already! Oh – and I did also buy the Simply Ageless Corrector for under eye circles…and I love that too!!! Who knew??? CoverGirl is the new snob doing the snubbing ;)

3 comments:

  1. I must tell you that I LOVE your blog. Target, BTW is my very favorite! Thanks for the great posts! =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The hard part is finding the right color! I have tried this makeup and I really liked it until I saw pictures of myself and it wasn't the right shade....errr! Maybe I need to try it again a little darker :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will have to try this make-up. I too am a bit of a MAC snob, but I am taking a year off work and don't need to spend the extra money right now.

    ReplyDelete