Wednesday, June 23, 2010

I’m back!

I told you a couple weeks back that I was on a mission to find an easy, kid-friendly way to travel.

Well, we just came back from a Father’s Day vacation that included 110 degree weather, a lake, and a boat. We were in need of a lightweight, compact stroller that we could navigate around a hotel, push down a boat dock while having beach gear strapped to my back, and something that would store easily on the boat. 

We already have an UppaBaby Vista Stroller {which I LOVE}, however it’s big and HEAVY. There is no way we were going to fit it in our SUV along with coolers, beach chairs, umbrellas, pack ‘n play, etc, etc.

Thanks to CSN, I found the Kolcraft Tour Sport Reclining Umbrella Stroller, priced at only $38.95. FedEx delivered it about 2 days before we left. I wasn’t expecting much, since it was competing against other umbrella strollers that were double the price. But, it met all of my requirements. It is super lightweight {about 11lbs}, opens quickly, locks easily, and folds up compact just like an umbrella…hence the name, right? ;)

The fabric is surprisingly good quality, the seat does recline, it comes with a sun shade, and cup holder. The handles are high enough to push the stroller without bending down, which was a big factor for my hubby since he’s 6’2”. I wasn’t too thrilled with the sun shade. It’s small, doesn’t really provide much coverage and it consistently popped off when we closed the stroller to store it away. Minor complaint compared to the other positives.

        

Bottom line: job well done. I would recommend this product to anyone looking for an inexpensive and convenient umbrella stroller.

No comments:

Post a Comment