Wednesday, June 23, 2010

No stud required

I am a huge commitment phobe when it comes to decorating my house. I don’t like anything too permanent, for fear that I’ll hate it 5 minutes later.

Fortunately, when it comes to home improvement, my hubby is seriously Mister Handy. I swear he can do it all. But we sadly drive each other nuts when it comes to hanging stuff on walls. It’s always a major production. I get the same speech every time… “ok, let me get my hammer, and find the perfect sized nail, oh but wait I gotta find a stud in the wall first…yada, yada, yada.” And I’m all.. “Stud?! Just freakin’ nail that sucker in the wall, gosh darnit!” and then of course 5 minutes later, I hate it and want him to move it. Cycle repeats.

So. I found a solution to both of our problems.

     

I am madly in love with 3M for inventing this stuff. It’s awesome and is currently holding up everything in my house that is under 5lbs.

No nails. No studs. No annoyed hubby.

Best part: it’s not permanent. You can take anything off the wall without any holes left behind and no damage to paint!

Here’s an example of what I’ve used it for…

Happy hanging…err, sticking?! ;)

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for this helpful info! Ive always wanted to try the stuff.. but was worried it wouldnt really hold true to its purpose, and Id have things falling off my walls with in a week! Now seeing all you have hanging with it, I feel safer using it myself! :) Thats great, thanks again! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I use that stuff at Christmas time. You know for when you want to hang something ONCE a year :). I also use it in my classroom in places where I can't staple. Seriously, a life (wall) saver!

    ReplyDelete